Tuesday

Random Thoughts

Here we go:

1. My mother-in-law is coming into town today, and my house no longer looks like it was raided by candy-hyper, cyclonic gremlins.  Score!

2. I am not sure which is more disappointing: an arrogant religious person or an arrogant atheist.  Maybe arrogance is the real problem. 

3. Why are babies so deliciously addictive?  I mean, I should know better than to want another one!

4. I watched a biography of the late televangelist Tammy Faye, and it showed her in such a sympathetic light that I wanted to be more like her.  Is that bizarre?

5. I am terrible at writing thank-you notes, and even worse at calling people.  I need to stop making excuses.

6. I really miss being on Facebook.  Unfortunately, being off has not had the desired effect - that is, giving me more time with my family - because I have replaced Facebook with other distractions. 

7. "We Are the World" is still a kick-butt song.  I love it.  However, I realized just how old I'd gotten when I recognized all of the artists from the 1985 version, but only about 2/3rds of the ones from the 2010 remake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI&NR=1&feature=fvwp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2W4-0qUdHY&feature=related

8. It is April 2011 already?  Wow.  Life is pretty darn good right now.

2 comments:

  1. 2.) It's totally the arrogance! Anybody who thinks they hold all the answers, religious or not, needs a serious reality check.

    3.) AGREED!! Girl, I got the FEEVA'!

    5.) Me too :( I'm trying to be better about calling people but FB is just so easy sometimes.

    6.) I wonder what the key is? Maybe focusing on the family is like focusing on exercising. You have to schedule time and make space for it, you can't just be like "I'll do it, I swear!"

    So glad to hear life is well, though :) Hope we can see you and your gorgeous babes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.) Congrats! Our house is being semi-destroyed today (taking down part of a wall) and I am already thinking of the mess it will make.

    2.) I agree, arrogance in general is the problem. Jonathan and I love to question everything we believe in so we can see it in every light possible.

    3.) As you know, not an addiction I have, BUT I did hold Izzy yesterday and loved it.

    4.) What isn't bizarre in our lives? If it isn't bizarre, I don't want any part of it. lol.

    5.) Two-in-one fix--text. hehe

    6.) I have missed you terribly on Facebook, but I am also super impressed with your accomplishment of staying off of it.

    7.) Me too.

    ♥ ya, Melinda!
    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!